Edmonton’s Innovation Hub
EEDC has been directed to stop work on the Innovation Hub until further alternative models can be explored, including robust stakeholder engagement.
View the design concept as of the October 23 stop work date.
If you have questions related to the concept test, directive to stop work, want to get involved in exploring alternative models or attend the engagement sessions, send us an email.
You can also learn more about the ecosystem community on the Edmonton Innovation Ecosystem Community site.
Under one roof
A central entry point to the full life cycle of services necessary to create and grow internationally competitive, high growth tech enabled businesses.
A space to grow, evolve, and contribute
Diverse environment that allows companies to experience all stages of growth and evolution within one location providing them with access to key networks, programming and support.
Designed to showcase
Space to host large scale, theatre style tech demos, hackathons, pitch competitions and networking events. Main floor space would provide access for new investors and a home for established investors.
From developing early business models, to customer attraction and talent acquisition, to supporting rapid growth, comprehensive programming will be available from startup to scaleup and beyond.
Located in the heart of the city, together we can make the Edmonton Innovation hub more than just a building.
We want your help bringing together the city’s best minds and ideas under one roof—acting as a catalyst to help fuel Edmonton’s rapidly growing technology innovation economy.
At the Centre of the Innovation Corridor
- Innovate Edmonton program space
- 5000 square feet of street level community event space with centralized navigation to services and programs best suited to meet the individual needs of entrepreneurs
- 15,000 square feet of incubator space providing mentorship and programs, workspace, talent access and community support (relocation of Startup Edmonton)
- 15,000 square feet of short term flexible lease space for fast-paced scaling tech companies
- 12,000 square feet of turn-key space for new international companies looking to make Edmonton home
- Epic Realty Partners building space
- Various space and tenancy options in ~200,000 square feet
- Plans include adding a cafe/restaurant with access at street level to energize the building and the area
- Pedway connection to TEC Edmonton and other downtown partners
- Immediate access to Bay/Enterprise Square LRT station and the bike lane network
- Advanced communication and technology infrastructure
- Budget and Process
- EEDC estimates the Innovation Hub concept would require an incremental investment of $700,000 annually, including staff and programming
- EEDC engaged the help of CBRE to manage the building selection process using the below RFP